one of my new years goals is to be a better blogger. the last year has been so busy (in a good way) that blogging has fallen by the wayside. so, here's a post that's long overdue.
as a photographer, I suffer from a condition most artists have: over active idea brain. Pinterest has been heaven sent for me, because I can finally have some semblance of organization to my creative ideas.
this was my first attempt at a styled shoot, so here are some of the tips I implemented:
1) Plan out Your Dream Shoot - this styled shoot was originally an idea that tumbled around my brain, until it finally got a Pinterest board all it's own.
1) Get Professional Hair and Make-up - at a recent Bridal fair, I met the friendly and uber-talented Annabelle. I gave her a call and told her my ideas and she was on board! as you can see, her skill matched my vision.
3) Get a Model - there are professional models out there who are dying for some portfolio building experience. I know several photographers who regularly use professional models for their styled shoots. I was lucky that sweet friend of mine was willing to participate in my artistic vision.
4) It's all in the Details - did I mention that my model was not only ready and willing to participate in my vision, she actually added to the vision tremendously! I had a dress in mind for this shoot, but it was unavailable the day of the shoot. so Jadyn sewed her own dress from a vintage Vogue pattern!
5) Work Your Magic - after the stage is set, you can work your photographic mojo. I was giddy as we made these portraits. I knew immediately that they were special.
armed with these easy and fun steps, i'm so ready for the next vision to come to life! there will definitely be more styled shoots in my future!